2014 July Revised
- Updated PCB layout
- Updated IMU Y Adapter
- Includes the 2nd IMU
- Camera and Frame IMU already addressed upon shipment
The next generation Alexmos controller. High voltage support up to 6s (30v) specially for larger gimbals running 80 mm and larger brushless gimbal motors.
The controller can be used for building high-quality 3-axis camera stabilizing systems which can be mounted to UAV and for building handheld camera stabilizers.
This version of the controller is our new direction in the development of the stabilizing solutions. It will replace the previous 8-bit version of the SimpleBGC controller, keeping 100% back-compatibility, but adding the new fuctionality.
True 6S support (Upto 30V) and monitoring
Camera IMU Example
Basic functions of the controller
- 32-bit MCU — ARM Cortex M4. Effectively calculates the complex tasks for 3-axes stabilization.
- Allows camera control with the RC or analog joystick.
- Use several switchable profiles for different modes of operation
- Supports variety of RC protocols: PWM, Sum-PPM, spektrum and s-bus.
- Battery voltage monitoring, compensating voltage drop in the PID-regulator.
- Low battery alarm (output to 5V active buzzer).
- Increased number of inputs for controlling signals + 3 additional reserved input/output AUX1-AUX3.
- Can supply up to 1A current for external devices on the 5V power line.
- Dedicated UART-socket to connect optional Bluetooth module
- Reverse-polarity protection, overheat and overcurrent protection
- USB interface for the PC connection, to configure, control and upgrade firmware.
- Graphical user interface to manage the settings. Windows / OS X / Linux versions.
- Control through the Serial-protocol using dedicated API.
- Improved attitude estimation algorythms
- Optional second IMU, that will increase the short-term precision of the stabilization 10x-30x times and will make stable work in any frame position.
IMU ‘Y’ Adapter for Dual IMU Connection is included
|Size of the board:||50×50 mm|
|Distance between the mounting holes:||45 mm|
|Diameter of the mounting holes:||3 mm|
|Power supply voltage:||3S to 7S|
|Maximum motor current:||1,5 A|
|5V output current to power external devices:||up to 1 A|
Downloads for 32-bit boards
General documentation and specifications
Firmware upgrade 2.41b4
You can check new versions and upgrade firmware from SimpleBGC GUI application running under Windows. Download GUI, connect board and upgrade firmware on Upgrade tab. See user manual for more info.
- New button command “Frame upside-down”. Use it to quickly re-configure system for new frame position (YAW motor is inverted, second IMU orientation is updated).
- “Beep by motors” option: motors emit sound instead of internal buzzer, when motors are energized.
- Lost of synchronization detection:
- better recovery from this mode
- notification by LED and buzzer (enable “Errors” checkbox in the “Service” tab)
- Smooth motor start at power-on
- Option to disable RC limits in SPEED mode (set min=max)
- Improved PID and IMU algorithms lets to achieve precision +-0.06 degree in dynamics, +-0.02 degree in static
- Stable work at bigger ROLL angles (system keep stability up to +-80 degree for ROLL inclination)
- Short beep on each press of menu button (if buzzer confirmation mode is enabled in GUI)
- (GUI) New extended debug variables RMS_ERR_X, FREQ_X helps to detect problems caused by oscillations
- (GUI) New “Erase EEPROM” menu command
- (GUI) Profile name is stored in the board after renaming. Max. 48 ASCII characters allowed (or less, if national characters used)
- (GUI) New option in the RC tab: “INIT.ANGLE” to set initial angle of the camera at system startup, if RC control is not applied.
Changes in settings (you need to take it into account when using profiles, saved for previous version)
- Follow speed rate is decreased 4x times, range is increased to 0..255, to make adjustments finer.
- Range for I setting was increased 2x times (old 0.01 equals new 0.02).
- Range for P, D setting was increased 4x times (values will be updated automatically after upgrading).
- Upper limit for PID values increased to 255 (2.55 for I).
- Upper limit for RC speed was increased to 255 and its effect was decreased 4x times to get finer step in adjustment.
Note about brushless gimbals & Controllers
Brushless gimbals and controllers are very new to the market and is an emerging technology. You will need some patience and effort to get it to work as seen on youtube. THIS IS NOT A PLUG AND PLAY DEVICE!
You will need some understanding of Microsoft windows drivers, software settings and tuning the gimbal software to your liking and to suit your multirotor.
We will try our best to answer your questions and point you in the right direction but getting things to work the way it’s supposed to will be YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Please understand this before you purchase any Brushless Gimbal Related Item.